Geriatrics Fellowship Benefits, Application Process and Contacts
Benefits: Trainees are entitled to a four-week annual vacation, a salary commensurate with their level of training as well as health insurance in accordance with the policies of UH Cleveland Medical Center. Depending on the yearly budget, fellows are provided with CME funding to apply towards attending a regional/national conference and/or purchasing educational materials.
Eligible Applicants: MD or DO who has completed an ACGME- or AOA-accredited three-year internal medicine or family medicine residency.
The program accepts applications from candidates with J-1 or H-1B visa status.
We recommend interested individuals apply through ERAS (Electronic Residency Application Service).
For those candidates who prefer to send their application materials directly to the fellowship program, we require the following information:
- Copy of USMLE Steps1,2,3 score report (or COMLEX-USA).
- Copy of ECFMG certificate (if applicable).
- Minimum of three letters of recommendation (one must be from the Residency Program Director), with contact information (phone numbers) - sent directly to Dr. Lee.
- Personal Statement (one page).
- Copy of Medical School Diploma.
- Copy of Residency Completion Certificate (or letter stating you are due to complete your residency training by a certain date).
- Copy of Family Medicine or Internal Medicine Board Certification (if candidate has completed residency training more than two years ago).
Once applications are reviewed, candidates will be selected to visit the program to interview with our faculty. Interviews are scheduled on weekdays from 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., between July and November. Only one candidate is scheduled per day.
The UH Cleveland Medical Center Geriatrics Fellowship Program participates in the NRMP match but will accept applications after the match (and off-cycle) if the program has unfilled spots. The program offers four fellowship positions per year.
For any questions regarding the fellowship program please contact:
Taryn Lee, MD
Program Director, Geriatrics Fellowship
University Hospitals Cleveland Medical Center
11100 Euclid Ave, Mailstop HAN 6095
Cleveland, OH 44106